Mar 24, 2011

O My Gulay - Session Road, Baguio

March 2011 - I recently went to Baguio City to celebrate my partner's birthday. One of the reasons why we went there was to search for a really good place to dine in. Several friends of mine suggested O My Gulay (OMG), a vegetarian restaurant and art gallery in the heart of Session Road. We haven't been in that place so we gave it a shot. And so we went there and we were surprised how beautiful their landscape is and the art woks you can see inside their resto are really interesting.

Nice background :)

We took some pictures, of course, and we had trouble getting a good shot because their light was so dim. Even so, dim lights added romantic effects in this picturesque place. We checked the menu, and of course, they do not serve any kinds of meat. They have carbonara with kabute (mushroom), Anak ng Putanesca that has lots of olives and tomatoes, they have crepes filled with fruits such as apple and peach, and they have lemonada too!

Some of the food they serve: Kabute, Anak ng Putanesca and Crepes


Price is just about right. Although their food do not have meat, they are still delicious. For sure you won't regret paying additional peso for such a healthy plate plus beautiful scenery you can see outside the restaurant. O My Gulay is located at the penthouse, and so we chose to seat where we can see a good scenery outside. You can see buildings, lights, vehicles and busy people while enjoying your food.

Birthday celebrant Paul


Much to our surprise, we felt we were really full after that meal. I was not expecting that because all the food we eat did not have meat on them. But anyways, we had pasta as carbo so it made sense. Overall, it was a very nice experience dining in O My Gulay. I would love to go there again, but at noon time maybe, so I will have a brighter sight of the whole scenery inside the restaurant. EV032311


My Ratings:

Food
Anak ng Putanesca is really good. It is sweet and sort of spicy at the same time. I think they put a lot of olives though. Kabute is not my favorite. I tasted milk instead of cream. I think if they put more cheese on it, it could have tasted better. Crepes were amazing and unique!

Budget
Price is reasonable :)

Place
I love the whole artwork going on around. There are paintings, wood carvings, improvised crafts, etc. The only thing that bothered me was the stairs? I thought it would crash anytime. Scary.

Service
They served our food really quick! However, no one greeted us when we came in. And when we were billing out, I thought they forgot we were because we waited several minutes and no one was coming out. We had to go to the cashier to pay instead.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment